Friday, February 8, 2008

Preschool Snack

My 5yo & 4yo bring their own snacks to preschool. It is a cooperative preschool and a there is a different parent who brings the snack every day. It's just easier to have them bring their own, and I enjoy making them something. There are other kids in their classes with food allergies who also bring their own snacks.
The school is completely nut-free, as many preschools are these days. But it makes it trickier for us since we eat a lot of nuts at home. I probably offer soy products more often than I'd like. Nothing against soy in general, but I like to avoid processed soy products when possible and stick to more traditional forms.

Monday:
Ryan's snack (left): vegetable gyoza, blanched spinach, blueberries, strawberries.

AJ's snack (right): grapes, mini rice cakes, blanched spinach.


AJ is my pickier child. He doesn't usually care for berries or a lot of raw vegetables, but he likes his cooked greens.

Ryan chose one of my many Hello Kitty bentos for his snack. His preschool class only hasone other boy, so Hello Kitty is considered "cool".


Wednesday:

Both boys got the same food today: multigrain bagel with Tofutti cream cheese & strawberry jam, baby carrots, honeydew melon.


Thursday:







Nate's new Thomas the Tank Engine lunch box arrived in the mail today. Yes, he's only 18 months old, but when I saw it I had to get it for him. He'll start preschool 2 days a week in the fall. The toddler class brings their own lunches. Now I need to find some matching Thomas bento gear!


Friday:

Ryan got a strawberry. The rest is the same for each: edamame, seaweed rice crackers, grapes, a carrot.

No comments: