Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sports Day

So I've done football, soccer, mini golf, pool, and basketball twice. I wasn't ready to do a stellar baseball bento, even though it's the season for Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. So what to do...

Bowling!

Ryan's
lunch:
baby
carrots;
soy
cheese
pins w/
red bell
pepper
stripes;
cucumber
slices;
rice
ball
covered
in nori
for the
bowling ball; poppyseed & thyme crackers; Tofurky pom pom; snap peas & steamed asparagus.

Ryan loves candlepin bowling
at the Acton Bowladrome,
so this was perfect! He didn't
having a bowling shirt, so he
just wore a sports shirt with
a baseball, basketball, &
soccerball on it, and his Celtics
cap.

AJ's snack: flat pretzels; steamed
asparagus; baby carrot; poppyseed
& thyme crackers; soy cheese squares;
Tofurky pom pom;
cucumber slices.

AJ was happy it was a
rainy morning so his
class would be playing
indoors--he loves the
big hall with bikes, mats,
and kids' volleyball net.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I have lived in MA for 16 years and have never gone candlepin bowling. I grew up on "big ball" bowling. Thanks for the tip on the Acton place. And I'm with AJ on the indoor activities, especially the volleyball. I can spike really well on a kids sized net.

btw, I'm glad you are along for the chocolate. :)

Misty said...

This is great!