Thursday, February 18, 2010

raw

I've done the raw thing from time to time in my life, but I'm doin' it again for 40 days with a friend.
So instead of the usual raw blogging featuring the best meal of the day, or unique smoothie recipes and such, I'm just gonna list what I eat for the entire day for anyone who's curious...and throw a pic in here or there...

7:30am- smoothie: 1 banana, 4 frozen cherries, 1/3 cup frozen mango, 2 T. sunflower seeds, liquid DHA, water.
9:30am- small bowl of cantaloupe chunks.
11:30am- 1 orange; 12 mini baby carrots; 6 celery sticks (2 stalks).
1:30pm- smoothie: 1 banana, 1/2 a pear, handful of spinach, 1 tsp. tahini, pinch of mint, water.
4pm- 1 blood orange.
5:30pm- salad: romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, 1/2 a red bell pepper, a little chopped onion, balsamic vinegar.

Aside from my food, I did make a travel meal for my husband before he left this morning...no toothpicks 'cause ya know he might hijack the entire flight crew with a wooden toothpick. ;-)
Husband's lunch: Dr. Praeger's Tex Mex veggie burger on wheat bread w/mustard and onion; moro blood orange segments; pickle slices; baby carrots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I admire you for going raw for 40 days! It's so cold and snowy here I don't think I could do it!